Welcome to my page. My name is Sammy. I live at a vet hospital. My original owners brought me in to "put me to sleep", and the girls here looked at my big eyes and couldn't do it. The other people( as I call them) said the girls could keep me. See I was a special needs kitty. I weighed almost 30lbs and could hardly walk when I came in. My mom now( as I call her) put me on a diet of Prescription m/d(mightly delicious). I am now a slim 14.7lbs, it took almost 2 1/2 years, but I am "the biggest loser". I can jump up on chairs and run, life is good now. But, mom needs to stop being such a food nazi. She says no more. She does like to play this game called "kitty curling", she throws a few kibbles down the hallway and I chase it and eat it. Oh yeah my friend Bart, he's a cat too, plays it with me, but I just shove him out of my way.

My favorite things

  • Kitty Curling
  • Cat Dancer
  • Eating
  • Sleeping
  • Garfield

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Post from Sam's mom

At the end of July I noted a slight swelling in Samboni's jaw. We initially thought it was his broken canine tooth getting infected. Upon further examination it was discovered he has Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Oral SCC in cats is a very aggressive type of cancer even with treatment the survival rate is not very good.

Sammy's tumor has grown about 10x in the past month and half. I fear his time is only measured in days now.

I will miss my little buddy. He makes the days at work much brighter.

No comments: